Monday, June 28, 2010

DAY 78 & 79: Minestrone w/ Cavolo Nero & Ribollita

Two amazing soups, one using the other, & a recommendation for one and all. The most amazing Minestrone I have ever eaten (and yes, I have eaten a fair few) which combines a variety of vegies including the hard to find Cavolo Nero! The soup cooked for approx 1.5 hours with the Zucchini & Green Beans added just before the soup was ready. No salt required as the flavour was just perfect.



Today (DAY 79) I made Ribollita which uses the Minestrone from the previous day and extends it in a way and creates a slightly different dish. I cooked a bunch of Cavolo Nero in stock for approx 20 minutes before adding it to the soup. In the meantime, I sliced some delicious Sour Dough (from the Passionate Baker) and grilled on both sides until brown. I then rubbed garlic on the bread and drizzled with some EVOO.




Both wonderful dishes and highly recommended! x

No comments:

Post a Comment