Monday, June 14, 2010

The story so far...

Ok, so today is DAY 65 of the year long project, and I was slow at getting the blog off the ground so here is the story so far...










On April 11, 2010, I set out on a small journey, to cook EVERYTHING from Maggie Beer's, Maggie's Harvest. Some may say that I was naive taking on such a challenge, and many believed I wouldnt last a week, but here I am, still going relatively strong.










So far I have encountered many different cooking methods, and used many ingrediants I have never seen, used, or eaten before. Its quite a blind journey, as I trek along, with the lack of images within the book I often just assume the intended outcome, presentations and appearance of dishes.










It is quite the emotional rollercoaster sometimes, with massive highs and frustrating lows. I am forever "talking to Maggie" in the kitchen and asking her if she is sure about certain things - but in the end, I always trust in her... I am always suprised about the way certain things work out as well as the new and odd-sounding flavour combinations that just work.










I love the support I am recieving from the fans and often try to demonstrate my appreciation with giveaways of Maggie goodness!










Please stay tuned until April 11, 2011 - I'll definately need the support, encouragement and company... Feel free to check out ALL of the photos so far on facebook - Charlotte's Gastronomic Adventure with Maggie Beer.

Thanks again, Charlotte x

3 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying seeing all the new and yummy things you are cooking every week! It has inspired me to dust off my cookbooks and try some new recipes for the family - and so far they seem to be enjoying the break from the usual dishes I had been serving up! Your photos of the meals you have been preparing from Maggie's book are mouthwatering.... I think I will have to grab a copy of Maggie's Harvest and give some a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo those photos are wonderful. Your presentation of the food is beautiful...that is something I need to work on hehe. After watching Julie and Julia and reading your blog/facebook I want to try my own "cook with a recipe book for a year" adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Charlotte

    Local fan here.
    Have you ever thought of contacting Maggie directly whenever you have any questions?
    She may help :) Bec

    ReplyDelete